Warning: This post will be rather sappy.
I got married on July 31st 2010 to the most awesome man ever. We met online like true nerds through the game Neverwinter Nights. We were friends for years before we ever started dating. Which was difficult, since he was from the USA and I am from Canada. But for all those people out there that say long distance relationships can never work, my husband and I are proof that it can work. Anyway, when we started dating we had to travel back and forth and were only able to see each other every 3 or 4 months. Needless to say it was terrible. Super terrible. 5 days after we were married, he had to leave back to the states again. Not a fun time, but so worth it. Finally, we were able to go through the immigration process. That’s right, he gave up his country, friends and family for me because he didn’t want me to miss my family. Anyway, we have been married nearly 3 years now and here is a list of some of the things I have learned. I love being married. It is great.
- Be sappy! Tell each other you love each other a billion times a day. It never gets old.
- Have fights. Yell and argue, but make up really fast. Don’t hold on to arguments.
- Hold hands. I learned this from a very smart lady. She told me that you can’t be mad if you’re holding hands. Very true!
- Share everything with each other! Be it music, movies or your dreams. Share it all.
- Go out and take adventures. Even if you are just going for a walk.
- Communication. Always communicate. This was always difficult for me. I am one of those chicks who says: “I’m fine.” When I’m really not.
- Love each other for your faults and your strengths. Don’t get annoyed by little things.
- Be comfortable in silence. Have your space and don’t be offended if your significant other needs personal time. We all do!
- Laugh. Always remember to laugh!
I have more, but I don’t want to bore you. Just wanted to share about my marriage randomly. I got married at 19 to the greatest man in the world and it was the best decision I’ve ever made.